The federal government is ensuring timely and sustained transfer of funds to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under NFC and Additional Federal Support.This has been stated in a press release issued by the Federal Finance Ministry on Saturday. According to which, Rs5,867 billion had been transferred to KP from July 2010 to November 2025 which included oil and gas royalty, gas development surcharge and excise duty on natural gas.
Under the 7th NFC Award, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's share was determined at 14.62 percent of the provincial share in the divisible pool. In recognition of the extraordinary burden borne by the province during the war on terror (WoT), an additional one percent of the undivided divisible pool was allocated exclusively to the province. The Finance Ministry in its press release said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa continues to receive its due share, including the additional allocation for WoT.
The federal government releases provincial NFC shares on a fortnightly basis, and no outstanding liabilities exist in this regard. Most recently, an amount of 46.44 billion rupees was released to the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 17th of this month, underscoring the federal government's adherence to timely disbursement commitments. The federal government has been financing the expenditures of the newly-merged districts from its own NFC share.
Since 2019, an amount of 704 billion rupees has been transferred to the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for newly-emerged Districts. An additional 117.166 billion rupees has been provided to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa over the years to support internally-displaced persons. The finance ministry said Rs481.433 billion were provided to KP under Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) from 2016 fiscal year to 2025.
Credit: Independent News Pakistan (INP)